Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Oreo !


Yesterday was Oreo's 2nd Birthday ! And it snowed also, so the kids of course were out of school. It was a real treat for everyone. We have had Oreo for 7 months and the kids are still just as crazy about her as they were on Day 1. She got a new coat for her birthday which made the snow day even more appropriate, along with her gift! Then today, I lost Oreo ! It was absolutely terrible! She cannot be trusted without her leash. She loves to run and run and run away from us. She loves freedom more than us! I was having trouble with the garage door closing and I didn't shut the inside door and she bolted outside to enjoy the snow again. All I could think about was how sad Blake and Rachel would be after being so happy yesterday, if I lost Oreo for good. So I went inside to get treats, because women can always be persuaded with food, and put on my snow boots and started my search for a semi-white dog in the white snow. Happily I found her and lured her back to me with treats and got her back in the house. The kids will never know !! Whew......

No comments: