Sunday, September 21, 2008

American Girls !!




Here I am with my with my dear friend Teresa. I have known her since 3rd Grade. Here is Rachel with her friend Michaela. They are in the same 3rd Grade class together. Rachel and Michaela have known each other since they were 3 years old !! They are also in the same Brownie Troop together. The 3rd Friday of every month, we travel to Brentwood (about an hour from Clarksville) for American Girl Doll night at Barnes and Noble and then to Pie in the Sky for dinner afterwards. The girls get to learn about the different American Girl dolls and then participate in a craft. Teresa and I get to chat and have our own "American Girl" time. All of us girls look forward to this night for our own special reasons. Teresa has two teenage daughters. Her youngest Lauren, is a new teenager type, and in the past 2 years, we have had the pleasure of Lauren's company at American Girl night. I wonder when Rachel outgrows (pleassseee....don't grow Rachel, I love you at 8 - you are great!) American Girl night if we can still "pretend go" to AG night and eat dinner? It is a part of your childhood my sweet girl that I don't think I will be ready to part with...

No comments: