Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Jamie Love

A wonderful person died Monday night her name was Jamie Irwin. I had known of her over the past 5 years or so through Scouting, basketball and normal community events. She had cancer. Cancer is ugly. Jamie was beautiful. She fought the cancer creature with beauty, grace, style, dignity and class. You never heard her complain. She was always ever present at her children's events. She was a shining example of motherhood at its very essence during her stuggle. I admire her and am amazed at her strength and fight. Jamie was a shining light as she passed through this life and now she has the honor to live forever in heaven where the angels sing. Rest, relax and be at peace Jamie - you have earned your wings.

We truly preach our own funerals, endings, whatever label you want to give it while we are here. As for me, I hope to improve my departure party each day. Go my friend, love, serve, give and hug. Make each day count. The best is yet to come.

No comments: